Computer Hacker And Cracker
As you probably already know , much of the common sense approach we follow when it comes to Internet security does little to combat the Computer Hacker that is running rampant and showing no signs of slowing down.
Computer Hackers can easily insert malware into a computer. This consists of files that can be personally damaging to your computer.
Here is a few tips below from Webroot that may be helpful in combating the ever present computer hacker.
What can I do about computer hackers and predators?
When you arm yourself with information and resources, you’re wiser about computer security threats and less vulnerable to threat tactics. Hackers and predators pose equally serious and but very different threats. To protect your computer from hackers and predators:
- Continually check the accuracy of personal accounts and deal with any discrepancies right away
- Use extreme caution when entering chat rooms or posting personal Web pages
- Limit the personal information you post on a personal Web pages
- Carefully monitor requests by online friends or acquaintances for predatory behavior
- Keep personal and financial information out of online conversations
- Use extreme caution when agreeing to meet an online friend or acquaintance in person
Take these steps to protect your computer from hackers right away:
- Use a 2 way firewall Update your operating system regularly
- Increase your browser security settings
- Avoid questionable Web sites Only download software from sites you trust.
- Carefully evaluate free software and file-sharing applications before downloading them.:
- Don’t open messages from unknown senders
- Immediately delete messages you suspect to be spam
Make sure that you have the best security software products installed on your PC:
- Use antivirus protection
- Get antispyware software protection
An unprotected computer is like an open door for computer hackers and predators. To take it a step further, protect your computer from hackers by using a spam filter or gateway to scan inbound email or IM messages. Products like Webroot Spy Sweeper