- 1 Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709. You will learn some of the common problems upgrading to the Windows 10 update version 1709. And how I fixed them by accident.
- 1.1 Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709 failure to install problem
- 1.2 Step one: Start Trouble Shooting Windows 10 Update Problems
- 1.3 Step two: System Cleanup to fix unexpected error during Windows 10 Fall Creators update installation
- 1.4 Step three: Disable your Antivirus and Firewall
- 1.5 Step four: Run sfc /scannow to see if errors can be found:
- 1.5.1 Step five: (net stop bits) (net stop wuauserv)
- 1.5.2 Step six: Deleting downloaded files C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution
- 1.5.3 Step seven: Restarting Windows 10 Update Service after deleting Windows 10 download content
- 1.5.4 Step eight: How to fix Windows 10 Fall Creators Update installation problems using a ISO DVD
- 1.5.5 Start Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709 DVD
- 1.5.6 Start Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709 Installation
- 1.5.7 Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Version 1709 Should Now Installed
- 1.5.8 Be Sure And Make A System Repair Disk For Your New Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Version 1709
Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709. You will learn some of the common problems upgrading to the Windows 10 update version 1709. And how I fixed them by accident.
Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709 have been rolling out for awhile now, and it’s rapidly updating millions of desktops, laptops, and tablets around the world.
This new Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709 release is the fourth featured update that Microsoft has made available for download. And it includes a set of features and changes that should enhance your current OS. If you can only get it installed.
As expected, during the early days of the Windows 10 Fall Creator update some devices may encounter bugs and errors. As a matter of fact, a number of other issues may arise. For example, if you’re upgrading older machines there could be problems with drivers and hardware compatibility issues.
I must say, it looks like Microsoft has gotten much better at releasing a more stable version of the Windows 10 1709 update as of late than when it was first rolled out.
I can imagine that developing software that will run on countless different hardware configurations is not an easy task. As a result, early on there will be many problems that will have to be ironed out to make the software a stable one.
Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709 failure to install problem
Start solving this problem: Note Backup all your data before proceeding with the installation. Its better to be safe.
Important To Do First and note this process is for previous version of Windows 10:
1. You need to make sure that your PC is free from viruses and malware. You can use this free Malware scan and removal software to check and remove malicious programs. If any is found they may be hindering Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Version 1709. Then run your regular virus program but make sure it’s up to date.
2. In order to fix Windows 10 Update problems, make sure that the Date and Time settings are correct on your PC. 3. We will be using the Windows 10 1709 ISO later on so download it now and burn it to DVD. That’s what you will need to update to the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Version 1709.
During the installation process of the new update, you may get an error that will prevent Windows 10 Fall Creators Update from installing.
Step one: Start Trouble Shooting Windows 10 Update Problems
While there can be a number of reasons that can cause this problem, usually, you can use the Windows 10 Update troubleshooter to fix a lot of problems.
- Open Settings.
- Click on Update & Security.
- Click on Troubleshoot.
- Select the Windows Update troubleshooter.
- Click the Run the troubleshooter button.
After the troubleshooter runs click Apply this fix to resolve the issue if it found a problem.
If Windows 10 troubleshooter can’t fix the problem, you can try upgrading to Windows 10 version 1709 using the Microsoft Update Assistant.
Step two: System Cleanup to fix unexpected error during Windows 10 Fall Creators update installation
About this problem
When an unexpected problem is found as your device is trying to install the new feature update using Windows Update. You’re likely to see the error Failure To Install.
If you see the failure to install error message, you can try using the CCleaner tool to delete temporary files and try again. Using the Windows 10 1709 ISO is the best option to update to the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Version 1709. Especially, if you are encountering problems.
You can use these steps to clear temporary files or to free up space on your device with the CCleaner tool:
Now you are going to start the cleaning process by clicking the run cleaner button above.
Your next screen will warn you that the process will delete the file permanently and do you want to continue, click yes.
Now the cleaning process begins, if you haven’t used a tool like this before you may be surprised at the junk files that have accumulated over time.
Use the Registry Cleaner after uninstalling programs, as the uninstalled programs will often leave behind incorrect registry entries. The registry cleaner is recommended for slightly more advanced users.
Step three: Disable your Antivirus and Firewall
Some antivirus software may conflict with Windows 10 fall creators Update and is causing the failure. You should try disabling your antivirus program temporarily and try updating again.
Step four: Run sfc /scannow to see if errors can be found:
You can check if your computer has any discrepancies or corrupt files. It is possible that corrupt files or incorrect configuration is causing Windows 10 Fall Creators update not to update.
Click in the Windows search bar on the left bottom of your screen and enter Command Prompt. Right-click on the app and select (Run as administrator)..Once in the command prompt, run the following command: sfc /scannow.
Now run the following command to check if there are any discrepancies in your system sfc /scannow. Important, space bar after sfc.
If the scan detects any errors, it will inform you. If it does, run the following command: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
After the scans are complete, restart your computer to see if the problem still exist. If it do, go to the next step.
Step five: (net stop bits) (net stop wuauserv)
Open the command prompt,(Run as administrator) run the following commands one by one. (net stop bits) (net stop wuauserv). Make sure that each command is completed before going to the next.
Step six: Deleting downloaded files C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution
Now we will go to Windows 10 Update directory and delete all the downloaded files in the Software Distribution folder. Go to This PC and follow the steps.
Navigate to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution. Delete everything inside the Software Distribution folder. You can restore them from the recycling bin in case you need them back again.
Step seven: Restarting Windows 10 Update Service after deleting Windows 10 download content
Now we have to turn the Windows Update service’s back on. Start up (net start bits).
Now we have to turn the Windows Update service’s back on. Start up (net start wuauserv).
Step eight: How to fix Windows 10 Fall Creators Update installation problems using a ISO DVD
1.Go Settings, Update & Security, Re covey, Advance Setting (Restart Now)
2.You will now go to Choose An Option Page – select Troubleshoot
3. You will now go to the Troubleshoot Page – Select Advance Options
4. You will now go to the Advance Options Page – Select Startup Options
5. You are at the Startup Options Page – Click Restart
6.You will now select 4- Start In Safe Mode – Once Safe Mode is fully loaded you are ready
Start Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709 DVD
Installing Windows using ISO File
You should have downloaded the ISO file from Microsoft and burned the media to DVD. Do note that this method is not a boot disk. Just click on your DVD drive D: and update will start.
A. Go to This PC and click on your DVD drive and the installation should begin if all is well. Just let it work.
B. Now you need to go ahead and see if important updates will download and install. This will help the installation go smoothly and update your device drivers if needed. Now click Next and let it work.
B.If you’re installing Windows 10 for the first time you must enter a genuine product key. However, if you’re updated from from an earlier version of Windows 10, you should be fine.
C. If the install is still going on and no error have popped-up everything is working fine..Just keep clicking next and you should get to checking space window soon.
Start Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709 Installation
D. Now that you have made it this far the installation is ready to begin. Make sure that you keep your Apps and Files by checking both boxes.
Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Version 1709 Should Now Installed
If you are still having problems a clean install of Windows 10, using the ISO media may your best option.Using the ISO media you can install Windows 10 on any device as long as the minimum requirements are meet.
Since you already have your DVD you want have to download Windows 10 Fall Creators Update any more. Install Windows 10 Update 1709 on all of machines without download again.
Be Sure And Make A System Repair Disk For Your New Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Version 1709
You may need it someday if troubles arise.